- Non toxic desiccant—perfect for drugs, food, electronics, optics, and equipment
- Bags are guaranteed to retain 16% moisture by weight, typical results are 37% moisture absorption
- Desiccant meets US FDA requirements—certified ISO Class 5 (Class M3.5) cleanroom-compatible
The latest in drying technology turns any container into a desiccator. Indicator bag particles show when moisture capacity has been reached. Nontoxic and ideal for clean rooms, Humidity Sponges™ meet FDA (Food and Drug Administration) requirements for use in direct contact with food and drugs. Desiccant (sodium calcium aluminosilicate hydrate) is nontoxic and is a GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) material. It is ideal for storing food/pharmaceutical samples, electronics, PC boards, optics, chemicals, and equipment. Outer material is made of DuPont’s Tyvek* breathable, high-density polyethylene.
Drying capability depends on volume, temperature, and moisture. As a benchmark, one bag will maintain dry conditions in a container with a volume of two gallons (476 cubic inches/7800 cubic centimeters). Each bag measures 3 x 3 x 1/4 inches and weight is 3/8 ounce.
- 291-3950 Indicator Humidity Sponge™ has one side of clear film and one of white Tyvek. This sponge cannot be regenerated.
- 291-3951 Regenerable Humidity Sponge™ has white Tyvek on both sides and may be regenerated and reused continuously. Regeneration requires heating in an oven at 220°F (104°C). Included in each pack is a Relative Humidity Card which changes from blue to pink to show when bags need to be regenerated.